The telegram praised Mr. Phieu as “the excellent veteran leader of the Party and State of Vietnam”, who led the Vietnamese people to gain great achievements in socialism construction and reform in Vietnam. Mr. Xi emphasized that former General Secretary Phieu was a comrade and a close friend of the Party and people of China, making outstanding contributions to the development of China-Vietnam relations.
The telegram affirmed that China attaches great importance to consolidating and promoting the tradition of China-Vietnam friendship, and is willing to work with Vietnam to strengthen political trust, solidarity, and cooperation, and to boost ties between the two Parties and countries and their socialist cause.
Former Party General Secretary Le Kha Phieu was born in 1931 and passed away on Friday in Hanoi after a period of illness.
- Former Party General Secretary Le Kha Phieu passes away
- Former Party General Secretary Le Kha Phieu passes away at age of 89
- Former Party chief Le Kha Phieu passes away, aged 89
- Respect- paying ceremony for former Party leader Le Kha Phieu
- Delegations pay homage to former Party leader Le Kha Phieu
- Mourning for former Party leader Le Kha Phieu held overseas
- State funeral for former Party chief Le Kha Phieu to be held August 14-15
- State funeral for former Party chief Le Kha Phieu begins
- Late Party chief Le Kha Phieu wholeheartedly devotes to nation