The Ministry of Health confirmed on August 9 morning two fresh Covid-19 cases, each one in Hanoi and Bac Giang province, both related to the central city of Danang, taking the tally to 812.
During the past 24 hours, Vietnam have reported 28 new Covid-19 cases.
Patient No.811 is a 33-year-old female, from Yen Dinh commune, Son Dong district, Bac Giang province. On July 21-24, she and her five family members (recorded as Patients No.673, 674, 744, 793, 794) traveled to Danang. On August 8, the results of her sample test at the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases 2 were positive for SARS-CoV-2.
Patient No.812 is a 63-year-old male from Phu Dien ward, Bac Tu Liem district, Hanoi. His last meeting with a person who had traveled to Danang (then became Patient No.447) took place on July 27. On August 3, the man developed a fever, fatigue, and anorexia. He was then collected samples for being tested by the Hanoi Center for Disease Control.
Currently, the two latest patients are being treated at the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases 2 in Dong Anh district, Hanoi.
The pandemic resurgence began with the confirmation of a 57-year-old male patient on July 25, ending a 99-day streak of no community infections in Vietnam. Vietnam has so far reported 10 deaths of Covid-19, all being old people with pre-existing diseases.
Of the patient tally, 395 people have recovered and 407 patients are under treatment.
The number of new infections in the community since July 25 increased to 355. As of August 9, the local infections have appeared in 13 cities and provinces, all related to the outbreak in the beach city of Danang.
Up to 178,000 people who had close contact with Covid-19 patients and entered Vietnam from regions affected by the pandemic are being quarantined, including 5,000 at hospitals, more than 27,000 in concentrated quarantine zones and the rest at home.
- Covid-19 infection continues rising in Vietnam, Hanoi reports third case
- Covid-19 infections continue rising in Vietnam, Hanoi reports third case
- Nine more Covid-19 cases reported in Hanoi and Danang
- Number of Covid-19 infections continues rising in Vietnam, Hanoi reports third case
- Two more Covid-19 cases linked to Da Nang outbreak
- COVID-19: Two more cases detected, Vietnam has 812 in total
- Covid-19 infections on the rise in Vietnam, Hanoi confirms 5th case
- Vietnam confirms 21 new Covid-19 infection cases, total rises to 810
- Covid-19 infection on the rise in Vietnam, Hanoi confirms fifth case