Around 11 a.m., train SE1 was traveling from north to south when carriage 7 started derailing and tilted about 30 degrees as leaving Hue station. There were no reported deaths. Passengers are directed to return to Hue station and wait.
Recorded at the scene, the 4th and 5th carriages of the train were entirely tilted to one side, and the wheel derailed. The incident caused panic among many passengers.
Because of the train carriages, the Dien Bien Phu route is congested. The traffic police have directed people to Phan Boi Chau Street, which is about 100 meters away. A 100-ton crane was dispatched to clear the scene.
At noon on May 4, the Binh Tri Thien Railway Management Joint Stock Company and heavy authorities were still trying to resolve the issue of two SE1 passenger carriages that had derailed from the tracks in the guardrail area at the intersection with Dien Bien Phu road, Truong An ward, Hue city, Thua Thien – Hue province.
Mr. Hoang Hai Minh, Vice Chairman of the People’s Committee of Thua Thien – Hue province, was on the site to supervise the rescue and troubleshooting.
- Certain train services from HCMC suspended due to low passenger numbers
- Third three-carriage train put on Long Binh Depot railway
- Train for Hanoi’s 2nd metro route to arrive next month
- Two north-south trains to resume operatins on Monday
- Train for Hanoi’s 2nd metro route arrives in Hai Phong port
- First train of Hanoi’s second metro line arrives in Vietnam
- Ongoing Nhon-Hanoi Railway Station Metro Project opened for visitors
- Two more north-south trains suspended due to Covid-19
- Many train, air tickets for Tet holiday still available