HCMC – AkzoNobel, the global paints and coatings company known for the Dulux brand, has completed repainting the Cu Lao Xanh Lighthouse project in the south-central province of Binh Dinh.
This is the third lighthouse in Vietnam recoated under the “Lighthouse Protection Campaign” of AkzoNobel, after the Dai Lanh and Vung Tau lighthouses. The program is aimed at contributing to protecting Vietnam’s historic buildings against harsh weather.
AkzoNobel sponsored over 11,160 liters of paint for the Cu Lao Xanh Lighthouse project, which began in early October 2022.
My Lan Nguyen, general director of AkzoNobel Vietnam, said, “After the Dai Lanh and Vung Tau lighthouses, we believe that the Cu Lao Xanh lighthouse will be ultimately protected by Dulux Weathershield.”
The Cu Lao Banh lighthouse protection project is AkzoNobel’s latest activity under the Let’s Color umbrella – an initiative of the company to improve the environment and develop the community through various programs.
Additionally, AkzoNobel has produced a video, entitled “Sea Eye”, about the relationship and the connection between fishermen and the lighthouse – the “eye” of the sea.
“The story showed the heartfelt appreciation of the lighthouse keepers, who are always silently protecting the lighthouses. We expected to introduce another touching perspective about seafarers’ love for their special companion,” said Nguyen Phi Anh Dao, head of Marketing, Decorative Paints Vietnam.
- AkzoNobel Vietnam honored in TOP50 Corporate Sustainability Awards 2022
- Ten lighthouses stand out in Vietnam
- Carrying on AkzoNobel’s crusade for sustainability in Vietnam
- Exploring the oldest lighthouse in Vietnam
- A trip to Green Island in Binh Dinh province
- An old eye of the sea
- Dai Lanh Cape and Vung Ro Bay: Two highlights of Phu Yen tourism
- Dai Lanh Cape and Vung Ro Bay best ravishing hideaways in Phu Yen
- Explore Hon Lon lighthouse Nha Trang – the oldest “eye of the sea” of Vietnam