HCM CITY — Viet Nam is seeking to promote more of its beloved national cuisine to international tourists, according to a project announced by the Viet Nam Culinary Culture Association (VCCA).
This year, VCCA will collect information on 300 typical Vietnamese dishes and and among those, select 100 special dishes for promotion abroad.
The selection process will be conducted by the Professional Council of the VCCA, and will include consultations with the general public through press and social media channels.
President of the VCCA Lã Quốc Khanh said that the selection of 100 Vietnamese dishes will be a first step in a broader plan to promote the country's culinary culture.
The association also plans to build a database of 1,000 Vietnamese dishes by 2024 as part of creating a Vietnamese cuisine museum in Huế.
In late March, the association conducted surveys to find out the best local foods in the five northern provinces and cities of Nam Định, Ha Nam, Thai Nguyen, Phu Thọ and Ha Noi, with the participation of food artisans such as Phan Gia Ton Hiền, Hồ Đắc Thiếu Anh, Nguyễn Thị Hiền and Le Thị Thiết.
From this data, VCCA will select typical and unique dishes with high popularity from different regions to promote Vietnamese cuisine to the wider world. — VNS
- VCCA to create food map for 100 Vietnamese dishes
- Vietnam Food Travel Map project announced
- Vietnam Food Travel Map project launched
- Check out first ever Vietnam Food Travel Map project
- Vietnam to seek country's top 100 delicious dishes
- Map of Vietnam s Culinary Tourism introduced to promote local cuisines to int l friends
- HCM City hosts the sixth VCCA
- WorldKings recognizes five world culinary records from Viet Nam
- Renowned food culture helps promote Vietnamese tourism
- Vietnamese culinary records recognised by international organisations