HCM CITY — Designer Võ Cong Khanh has introduced his new collection “H2O” to open the Aquafina Viet Nam International Fashion Week (VIFW) Spring-Summer 2022 in HCM City.
The collection shown at the Military Zone 7 Gymnasium on Thursday night featured dozens of ready-to-wear designs for men and women in blue and white with circular and square patterns.
Khanh has used “green materials” made of oyster shells, coffee ground, lotus fibre and recycled plastic to highlight the AVIFW 2022 theme of “ReFashion”, stressing the need for and desirability of sustainability in the fashion industry.
According to Khanh, “H2O” conveys a message of re-using discarded materials, recycling them with high-tech material handling techniques and reviving them as artworks.
His journey to fashion prominence began after winning top prize at the Vietnam Collection Grand Prix 2002, which gave him the chance to work with French fashion designer Stephane Rolland in 2003.
He has since released several collections including “Truc Mai” (Bamboo and Ochna Flower), “Con Cò” (Stork) and “Butterfly” at events like Viet Nam Fashion Week, Elle Fashion Show and Festival Huế.
Early this year, Khanh and fashion firm Faslink launched a collection made completely from coffee-derived fibres.
The opening show also saw designer Adrian Anh Tuấn also present his “Lãng Du” collection, inspired by his trips to tropical islands
The collection consists of 50 designs in vivid colour and unique patterns made of oyster shell and lotus-derived materials.
The show also saw a new collection by fashion brand Camicissima from Italy.
The AVIFW 2022 has attracted the participation of 18 Vietnamese and international designers and brands like designers Hoang Hải, Le Long Dũng, and Nguyễn Tiến Truyển, and brand Zimmermann from Australia. The event will close on May 29. — VNS
- VN Int’l Fashion Week celebrates sustainable fashion
- VN Int’l Fashion Week 2021 is back
- VN Int’l Fashion Week opens in HCM City
- Adrian Anh Tuấn introduces Fall-Winter fashion collection
- Vietnam’s fashion designer to show off his sustainable clothes at London Fashion Week
- Designer Công Trí releases Spring-Summer 2022 collection
- Phú Quốc to host “Fashion Voyage 3” show
- Vietnamese designer introduces new collection at London Fashion Week
- Designer launches new collection