HCM CITY — More than 300 models, including kids, will stride the catwalk during the Vietnamese Junior Fashion Week 2022 held in HCM City this weekend.
The two-day event, titled “Maturing For Tomorrow”, will feature 20 Vietnamese fashion designers and brands including Trương Thanh Long, Ivan Trần, AnST, Guon, Ó Princess and Kim Chi.
Forty latest collections using Vietnamese materials for boys and girls, mostly ready-to-wear designs, will be displayed and offered at reasonable prices.
Designers Trương Thanh Long and Kim Chi will send present new collections in pink with themes of children and love. Their clothes, made with cotton, lace, silk and taffeta, will be accompanied by accessories like belts, sunglasses, gloves and fishnet socks.
Child models aged four to 13 from fashion clubs managed by cultural houses for children in districts will participate in the event.
Miss Viet Nam Universe 2019 Nguyễn Trần Khanh Van will perform on the catwalk along with child models from Xuan Lan’s Model Academy, a private modelling and acting institute.
“We hope our event, Vietnam Junior Fashion Week 2022, will encourage Vietnamese fashion brands and designers to develop their business for children and teenagers,” said Xuan Lan, a model and head of the event’s organising board.
Lan, owner of Xuan Lan’s Model Academy, is also a founder of the annual Vietnam Junior Fashion Week event that was launched in 2016.
The latest edition of the show will open on Saturday, April 9, at the MCV Complex in District 7’s Tan Thuận Export Processing Zone. — VNS
- Vietnam Junior Fashion Week 2020 opens in HCMC on weekend
- HCM City ready to host Vietnam Junior Fashion Week 2020
- Latest fashion trends for child, adults to be presented in the end of October
- Vietnam Runway Fashion Week 2020 opens
- VN Int’l Fashion Week 2021 is back
- Vietnam’s fashion designer to show off his sustainable clothes at London Fashion Week
- Catwalk shows to return for Vietnam Int’l Fashion Week in December
- Phú Quốc to host “Fashion Voyage 3” show
- Child models to strut their stuff in Hà Nội