HÀ NỘI –The Ministry of Culture, Sport and Tourism has recognised a house in Ha Noi's Tay Hồ District, where President Hồ Chí Minh lived and worked in 1945, as a National Historical Site.
The house of Nguyễn Thị An in Phu Thượng Ward was the first stop of President Hồ Chí Minh in August 23-25, 1945, on his way from the Viet Bắc resistance base back to Ha Noi to read the Declaration of Independence on September 2 that year.
The declaration marked the foundation of the Democratic Republic of Viet Nam, now the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam.
The President worked with senior Party officials such as Trường Chinh, Võ Nguyen Giap, and Trần Đăng Ninh during his days at the house.
On November 24, 1946, President Hồ Chí Minh made a second visit to the house where he talked with local residents and officials.
An's house is now looked after by her paternal grandson Cong Ngọc Dũng, who said he was pleased that the ministry realised its true value and historical significance.
With 14 objects and tens of documents and images related to the late President’s stay, the house was recognised as a memorial house of President Hồ Chí Minh and opened to visitors in 1996.
In 2019, it was listed as a municipal-level historical relic.
An was the wife of Cong Ngọc Lam, chief officer of Phu Gia Hamlet, Phu Thượng Commune in Từ Liem District, now Phu Thượng Ward in Tay Hồ.
The area was part of the Party Central Committee’s revolutionary base from 1941 to 1945. Local residents supported and protected many senior Party officials here, including Trường Chinh, Hoang Văn Thụ, Le Đuc Thọ and Hoang Tung.
An's house is the 1,165th historical site of the capital city. VNS
- Top Vietnamese leader pays tribute to late President Ho Chi Minh
- Go to 48 Hàng Ngang where the Declaration of Independence was written
- Map on President Hồ’ s 30-year national salvation journey released
- Vietnam Independence Day in photos
- NA leader attends ceremony marking August Revolution, National Day
- President Ho Chi Minh‚Äôs Stilt House in Hanoi
- Beautiful scenery of Pac Bo relic site
- Leaders commemorate President Ho Chi Minh on National Day
- Ho Chi Minh Stilt House in Hanoi
- Ho Chi Minh‚Äôs Stilt House in Hanoi