HÀ NỘI — The Viet Nam National Administration of Tourism (VNAT) has officially launched a campaign called "Live fully in Viet Nam" to welcome international tourists back to five destinations nationwide.
The five selected are the country’s most popular tourist destinations – the northern province of Quảng Ninh, the three central coastal localities of Quảng Nam Province, Đa Nẵng, and Khanh Hòa Province’s Nha Trang City; and Phu Quốc Island in the southern province of Kien Giang.
For the first time since March 2020, foreign visitors will have the opportunity to experience new tours and routes in the country after two years of closed borders due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The campaign kicked off at a good time, after the World Travel Awards (WTA) 2021 named Viet Nam among one of Asia's Leading Destinations last month. The WTA also recognised Hạ Long Bay – the UNESCO-recognised heritage site in Quảng Ninh – as a leading tourist attraction in Asia.
Another UNESCO heritage site – Hoi An Ancient Town in the central province of Quảng Nam – also re-opens to visitors. The ancient port town has regularly won tourism titles such as: "Most romantic city", "Most beautiful and charming city”, and “Best cultural destination”.
While Hạ Long and Hoi An have been favourite destinations for decades, Phu Quốc is a rising star of Viet Nam’s tourism sector. Luxury and world-class resorts are scattered along the 150km long coastline of the island, stretching through national parks and tiny fishing villages.
Meanwhile, Nha Trang and Đa Nẵng are two prominent seaside destinations in the central region. Nha Trang is the scuba diving centre of the country, and Đa Nẵng is the famous coastal city that brings a new, creative and balanced feeling.
Viet Nam is opening these five destinations following careful preparations, with comprehensive safety measures in place to prevent the COVID-19 pandemic.
Fully vaccinated travellers from 72 countries with vaccination certificates recognised by Viet Nam, who hold vaccination certificates or COVID-19 recovery certificates and having negative RT-PCR test for COVID-19 within 72 hours of departure, are now welcomed to these destinations. Children under 12 years of age are not required to have certificates of vaccination. — VNS
- Vietnam considers to reopen some destinations to vaccinated foreign visitors from low risk countries next month
- Quang Ninh province welcomes 1.2 million guests in one month
- Quang Ninh offers tourism stimulus packages
- Foreign tourists can visit Việt Nam this month
- Quang Ninh focusing on tourism safety
- Tourism destinations attract visitors during New Year holiday
- Five Vietnamese destinations among Hostelworld’s global best backpacker spots
- HCM City kickstarts domestic travel with closed tours to safe destinations
- Vietnam Airlines to resume flights between Van Don and Da Nang