Tourism authorities in the north-central Vietnamese province of Nghe An have decided to welcome fully vaccinated domestic tourists after months of strict restrictions to curb the spread of COVID-19.
On Wednesday, Nguyen Manh Cuong, director of the Nghe An Department of Tourism, announced that the locality has reopened tourism and will welcome intra-provincial tourists to local monuments and tourist sites following months of closure.
Those who wish to participate in the tours must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with their second dose having been administered at least 14 days before the trip.
They must also hold a negative COVID-19 test certificate.
Tourism businesses will prepare specific plans that ensure they only accept visitors from places without known community spread of COVID-19.
In addition to the province’s current tourist attractions, Nghe An authorities have built a road map to expand local tourism products in low-risk locations such as Pha Lai dam, Khe Ran (Con Cuong District); Khe Co (Tuong Duong District); Dien Lam Ecological Area (Dien Chau District), and Muong Long (Ky Son District).
Despite the opening, several restrictions remain, including a mandate that tourism destinations and resorts must operate at just 50 percent of their total capacity.
According to Vi Thi Tham, director of Pha Lai eco-tourism area in Con Cuong District, her facility is prepared to receive fully vaccinated visitors from both inside and outside the province.
Nghe An has so far administered 933,968 doses of COVID-19 vaccine to local residents. 96,000 people in the province are fully vaccinated.
Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news about Vietnam!
Tuoi Tre News
- Localities ready to welcome vaccinated tourists after lockdown
- Home to UNESCO-recognized heritage site Ha Long Bay reopens intra-provincial tourism
- Vietnam’s Central beach city is getting ready to to welcome back fully vaccinated foreign tourists
- Authorities in Da Nang plan to welcome back fully vaccinated foreign visitors from next month
- Da Nang welcomes first group of tourists after over two months
- Another Vietnam’s Beach City plans to welcome international tourists with vaccine passports
- Historical relics in Thừa Thiên Huế re-open
- Khanh Hoa province prepares to welcome visitors
- Vietjet Air promoting tourism in Nghe An