The southern Vietnamese province of Kien Giang, home to the famous Phu Quoc resort island, will begin welcoming domestic visitors on a trial basis in November.
Chairman of Kien Giang’s Department of Tourism Bui Quoc Thai on Wednesday sent a document to the provincial People’s Committee regarding the plan to restore tourism activities and welcome back domestic visitors.
The plan will include a pilot phase which will last from November 1 to 30 and allow the province to receive travelers from localities at low and medium risk of COVID-19 infection.
Visitors are recommended to purchase package tours offered by tourist companies.
In the second phase from December 1 to 30, local authorities will review the result of the pilot phase and pandemic developments in Kien Giang in order to decide whether or not they will welcome visitors from more localities in the country.
In preparation for the plan, the provincial Department of Tourism will instruct local tourist firms on how to renew their products and services, organize promotional activities, and cooperate with one another to attract domestic travelers.
The agency will also focus on improving the skills of the local workforce in order to boost service quality.
The tourism department will decide which locality is eligible for the plan based on the government’s Resolution 128 and safety criteria promulgated by relevant ministries.
Tourists will be allowed to visit Rach Gia City, Phu Quoc City, Ha Tien City, Kien Luong District, Kien Hai District, and U Minh Thuong District.
The tourism department also suggested that provincial authorities vaccinate all staff who work in the local tourism sector.
Located about 250 kilometers southwest of Ho Chi Minh City, Kien Giang is home to many popular tourist destinations, namely Phu Quoc Island, Ha Tien beach city, Nam Du Islands, Rach Gia City, and U Minh Thuong National Park.
The province has recorded more than 7,300 local COVID-19 infections since the fourth outbreak hit the country on April 27.
Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news about Vietnam!
Tuoi Tre News
- Kien Giang sees surge in tourist arrivals in July
- Vietnam Plans To Receive 40 000 International Visitors With Vaccine Passports
- Vietnam’s Phu Quoc Island to welcome 250 South Koreans in November
- It’s official: Vietnam opens the country to foreign tourists from November 20
- Phu Quoc island city ready for new opportunities
- Kiên Giang sees an increase in tourist arrivals in July
- Phu Quoc Island isn’t ready to welcome vaccinated international travelers next month. Here’s why
- Vietnam’s Phu Quoc Island getting ready to welcome International tourists
- PM agrees on pilot plan to welcome foreign tourists to Phu Quoc island