Vietnam's central city of Da Nang was recently chosen to host the annual Asian route development forum (Routes Asia 2022), according to the municipal department of tourism.
The news was broken on October 11 at the World Routes 2021 conference in Milan, Italy.
Speaking at the event, Steven Small, director of World Routes, said that the World Routes is looking forward to collaborating with the Da Nang People's Committee and their strategic partners in bringing Routes Asia to the Vietnamese coastal city in 2022.
Representatives from airlines, airports, and travel agencies will attend Routes Asia 2022, which will take place from June 6 to 8.
Routes Asia aims to promote cooperation in the development and expansion of flight routes and airline business networks, thereby aiding in the promotion of international tourism aviation activities and connecting Da Nang with the local and global aviation networks.
Le Trung Chinh, chairman of Da Nang, expressed his pleasure at Da Nang being selected as the first city in Vietnam to host Routes Asia.
Chinh, who has organized several major international events, promised that the city would make Routes Asia 2022 a huge success.
Nguyen Xuan Binh, vice-director of the Da Nang Department of Tourism, shared his belief that the coastal city will use the opportunity to introduce its dynamic, friendly, and hospitable culture.
Da Nang is one of Asia's leading event and festival destinations, as well as a regional hub for aviation and tourism development.
Launched in 2003, Routes Asia is the only dedicated annual route development event for the Asia – Pacific region, uniting global air transport industry decision-makers.
Routes Asia has been held in Sarawak, Malaysia (2012), Kunming, China (2015), Manila, the Philippines (2016), Okinawa, Japan (2017), and Brisbane, Australia (2018).
More than 1,000 delegates, 25 speakers from 60 countries, and 113 leading international airlines attended the 2019 edition of the route development forum, which was held in Cebu, the Philippines.
Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news about Vietnam!
Tuoi Tre News
- The central city to host Routes Asia Forum in 2022
- Vietjet opens five new domestic routes connected to Da Nang
- Vietnam Airlines to open five new domestic routes
- Vietnam Airlines to open five new domestic routes next month
- Vietnam Airlines plans to resume flights on four domestic routes
- Vietnam Airlines opens five additional domestic air routes
- Vietnam Airlines launch new domestic air routes
- Vietnam Airlines launches seven additional domestic air routes
- Vietnam Airlines unveils 4 new air routes from Cần Thơ
- Bamboo Airways launches three direct routes to Con Dao Island