HÀ NỘI — A video by Vietnamese artist Phương Linh is one of four pieces from Viet Nam that has been chosen for display at a prestigious art exhibition in Queensland, Australia, starting on December 4.
The 10th Asia Pacific Triennial of Contemporary Art (APT) will feature Linh's art video, titled "The Head", which lasts for 4 minutes 45 seconds and has attracted the attention of an international audience.
Nguyễn Phương Linh of Ha Noi is passionate about installation art. She is an art consultant at the creative space Nha San Collective Art, a familiar destination of many artists in the capital.
Her work exploits historical materials, using symbols and repetitive objects to convey messages of indifference about people, places and customs.
A painting by Nguyễn Thị Chau Giang, who resides in HCM City, will also be displayed at the exhibition. Her piece, which has no name, is a silk painting created in 2015, combining the traditional ao dai with iconic Vietnamese elements such as flowers and dragons.
The female artist dedicates her paintings to all grandmothers, mothers, and sisters of her generation, and conveys experiences that are considered entirely new, inspired by her own life.
Artist Phi Phi Oanh from Đa Nẵng City will also exhibit two lacquer paintings, each sized 217x55 cm to the event. Her works are also untitled and use traditional paints.
APT is a large-scale international exhibition, held every three years by the Queensland Art Gallery & Gallery of Modern Art in Australia. This year, the exhibition features 69 projects from 150 emerging artists, art groups and filmmakers from more than 30 countries.
The international exhibition will bring audiences workshops, performances and virtual chats, along with artworks ranging from sculptures, textiles, paintings, photography and videos. — VNS
- Vietnamese artists to attend international contemporary arts exhibition
- French exhibition set to display artworks by painter Mai Trung Thu
- Buffalo-themed exhibition welcomes Lunar New Year
- Vibrant spring energy on show in art exhibition
- Contemporary art on show in capital
- Int’l watercolour painting exhibition opens in HCM City
- Exhibition introduces 100 works of painter Linh Chi
- Art exhibition opens to public
- Sketches depict Đà Nẵng's past and present
- Beauty of ceramics on exhibit at Sàn Art