The US has just sent over one million more doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine to support Vietnam in its fighting against Covid-19.
More stories at Vietnam Insider’s homepage.
According to the US Embassy and Consulate in Vietnam, 397,800 more doses of Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine safely arrived in Hanoi on Friday morning, bringing the total number of vaccine donations from the United States to Vietnam to nearly 8.5 million doses.
Yesterday evening, 608,400 doses also arrived from the US at the Tan Son Nhat Airport in HCM City.
“More is on the way in a few days,” the US Embassy and Consulate in Vietnam announced on its official fan page. “This shipment is the example of our commitment to Vietnam in fighting against the COVID-19 pandemic.”
The US and Vietnam have continued to build on co-operation to enhance Vietnam’s capacity in dealing with the Covid-19 pandemic, based on longstanding mutual relationship and the US investment of more than USD1 billion in Vietnam’s health infrastructure over the past recent years. In addition to these donations of Covid-19 vaccine doses, the US has committed more than USD26.7 million in Covid-19 related assistance to Vietnam since the start of the pandemic.
Vietnam has so far conducted over 49.25 million Covid-19 vaccine shots, with over 12.80 million people having received two doses. The country has set a target to give the vaccine to 70% of the population by early next year.
By Dan Tri.
- The US donated an additional 1.5 million Pfizer vaccine doses to Vietnam
- US Donates More 600.000 Vaccine Doses to Vietnam
- First Pfizer vaccine shipment to arrive in Vietnam tomorrow
- Vietnam will get 31 Million Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine doses this year
- Vietnam Receives 1,499,940 Pfizer Vaccine Doses from COVAX
- Vietnam gets 288,000 more AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine doses
- More Pfizer vaccine arrived in Vietnam
- First 100,000 Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine doses to arrive in Vietnam on July 7
- Over 1.2 million more AstraZeneca vaccine doses arrive in HCMC
- 600,000 additional AstraZeneca vaccine doses donated by Japan arrive in Vietnam