Until the end of October 6, approximately 11,965,360 shots had been administered, some 4,951,439 people have got the second dose of Covid-19 vaccines accounting for 68.7 percent, said the Ho Chi Minh City Center for Disease Control (HCDC) today.
More stories at Vietnam Insider’s homepage.
Up to now, 97.3 percent of people over 18 years old have been getting the first dose of Covid-19 vaccines while about 72.29 percent of people aged over 65 years have received two vaccine jabs and 69.72 percent of people from 50 to 65 years old are fully vaccinated.
Around 2,924,658 city dwellers have received the Vero Cell vaccine so far. Some 23,089 Covid-19 infected people are being quarantined at home while 11,587 others are staying in concentrated isolation facilities.
According to HCDC, clinical data has shown the currently approved vaccines in Vietnam have 80 percent to 90 percent efficacy. However, since vaccines are not 100 percent effective at preventing infection, some people who are fully vaccinated will still get Covid-19; therefore, people should follow the prevention regulations to protect themselves and other people around.
HCDC said that due to Covid-19 impacts, there has been a substantial decline in the number of children receiving life-saving vaccines. Children missing out on basic childhood vaccines through routine health services will lead to the risk of children suffering from dangerous diseases; therefore, vaccination should be accelerated in the upcoming time to prevent children from suffering these dangerous illnesses in October.
Local administrations should increase information about the pandemic and the importance of routine vaccines encouraging parents to bring their children to medical facilities for vaccination.
The Ministry of Health yesterday requested people’s committees in Ho Chi Minh City, the southern provinces of Binh Duong, Dong Nai and Long An to closely coordinate with its counterparts in other provinces and cities upon vaccination place.
On the same day, Australian Ambassador to Vietnam Robyn Modie handed over additional 300,000 doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine and medical supplies, including medical masks and personal protective suits to Vietnam for the fight against the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Here are what you need to know about vaccination campaign in HCMC
- What is Ho Chi Minh City’s COVID-19 vaccination plan until end of 2021?
- Why are many people still not vaccinated against COVID-19 in Ho Chi Minh City?
- Out of Moderna, what happens to people who have received the first dose of this vaccine?
- How will I receive my second COVID-19 vaccine shot in Ho Chi Minh City?
- Vietnam approves to use the Hayat Vax Covid-19 vaccine
- Nearly 18,000 foreigners in Vietnam’s HCMC received first Covid-19 vaccination jabs
- More than 10,000 Vietnamese citizens received COVID-19 vaccines
- HCMC receives 600,000 more Covid-19 vaccine doses
- What should I do if I've missed appointment for second COVID-19 jab?