Many districts in Ho Chi Minh City have yet to vaccinate 100 percent of their adult population with at least one shot, according to the city’s COVID-19 information portal.
As of Monday, the city had administered more than 11.3 million COVID-19 vaccine jabs, with over 4.3 million people having completed the two-dose regimen.
Fourteen districts and Thu Duc City had already vaccinated 100 percent of residents aged 18 and older with at least one shot, while the ratio in other districts was at 94 to 97 percent.
Nguyen Trung Hoa, director of the Go Vap District Medical Center, stated that about 95 percent of the adult population in the district has received at least one shot of COVID-19 vaccine.
This is a good rate, Hoa added.
Among the remaining five percent, many people insisted that they did not want the vaccine, while many others are in the middle of cancer treatment.
Authorities in Go Vap District are continuing to provide the second doses for local residents and the first jabs for anyone aged 18 and older.
People no longer have to present documents proving their permanent or temporary residence in the city when signing up for their first vaccine doses, the official continued.
They are also allowed to register for vaccination in districts different from those they are living in, he added.
According to Pham Thi Thanh Hien, chairwoman of the Cu Chi District People’s Committee, aside from meeting age requirements, residents must meet certain health requirements to be eligible for COVID-19 vaccination.
Women who are under 13 weeks pregnant and people with severe allergies are not permitted to receive the vaccines, Hien elaborated.What do you want to know about Vietnam? Ask us at VietQ by Vietnam Life.
Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news about Vietnam!
Tuoi Tre News
- What is Ho Chi Minh City’s COVID-19 vaccination plan until end of 2021?
- How will I receive my second COVID-19 vaccine shot in Ho Chi Minh City?
- Vietnam has vaccinated 25.6 percent of the population as Hanoi will ease restrictions on some businesses
- Why Vietnam has one of the lowest Covid-19 vaccination rates in the region?
- Good news: 79% pct of HCMC population aged over 18 vaccinated
- Nearly 18,000 foreigners in Vietnam’s HCMC received first Covid-19 vaccination jabs
- How Hanoi can give the first shot to all residents aged from 18 before September 15
- HCMC set to extend vaccination rollout to people aged 12-18
- Saigon plans to provide vaccine doses to 70 percent of citizens this month. Here’s how