People who have not got their first jab of COVID-19 vaccine in Ho Chi Minh City's Thu Duc City are advised to contact the people’s committee in their wards to get vaccinated.
Mona Liza, a 40-year-old Fillipino from Thu Duc, on Sunday told Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper that she and a number of her housemates have yet to get their first dose even though she had sent a text message to the 8066 switchboard to register.
The woman, who is living in Tang Nhon Phu B Ward, said she did receive a message saying her information “had been successfully recorded” after the registration on September 24, but no invitation for vaccination has been made.
That has put her in trouble because unvaccinated people are not allowed to go out as the city has eased its movement restrictions since October 1.
Doctor Nguyen Van Chuc, director of Thu Duc City Medical Center, instructed that Liza and her housemates should contact the people’s committee in the ward she is living in.
“The best way is to contact the people’s committee in the ward people are living in,” Chuc told Tuoi Tre.
“All wards in Thu Duc City are still carrying out COVID-19 vaccinations for the public."
Currently, people living in Vietnam can sign up for their jabs at the country’s national COVID-19 vaccination portal at tiemchungcovid19.gov.vn (English available) or send a text message to the 8066 switchboard following the formula MUI1 Fullname YearofBirth District to apply for the first jab in Ho Chi Minh City only.What do you want to know about Vietnam? Ask us at VietQ by Vietnam Life.
Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news about Vietnam!
Tuoi Tre News
- Out of Moderna, what happens to people who have received the first dose of this vaccine?
- Who can go outside as Vietnam’s Binh Duong pioneers vaccine travel pass usage?
- What should I do if I've missed appointment for second COVID-19 jab?
- Hanoi and HCMC speed up vaccination for foreigners. Here’s how to get vaccinated
- Will foreigners be able to get COVID-19 vaccination in Vietnam?
- Foreigners In Vietnam How To Register For Covid 19 Vaccination
- What is Ho Chi Minh City’s COVID-19 vaccination plan until end of 2021?
- Singapore advises unvaccinated people to stay home as cases rise
- HCMC suggests granting “Covid Green Card“ people with at least one vaccine dose