Vietnamese police have arrested a man named Tran Huy, 34, in Ho Chi Minh City for allegedly murdering his neighbor before decapitating the victim due to a conflict.
Officers in District 7 of Ho Chi Minh City confirmed that, Tran Huy, who resides in an alley at 645 Tran Xuan Soan Street had been arrested for murder. The victim was one of Huy’s neighbors, 44, named H.U.V, local media reported.
According to the report, local residents spotted something terrible out, they discovered a severed human head in the alley, while the victim’s body was inside a nearby house on Sunday.
They also saw Tran Huy holding a bloody knife while standing in front of his house. As the suspect, Tran Huy did not cooperate when police officers arrived, locking his door and refusing to drop the weapon.
In the same day, the officers managed to apprehend Tran Huy and took him to the police station.
How was it possible?
Tran Huy claimed that, he had come to victim’s house and killed him due to their conflict. He stabbed the victim to death with a knife before decapitating him. Tran Huy then smashed the windows of some nearby houses before walking back to his home.
At the police station, Tran Huy tested negative for narcotics and was still in a panicked state.
According to the officers, further investigation is ongoing, the Tuoi Tre Newspaper reported.
- Man arrested for killing pregnant girlfriend over conflict in northern Vietnam
- Man arrested for killing street cleaner in Hanoi
- Man arrested for murdering and raping 5-year-old girl
- Lunar New Year holiday to last seven days
- Foreign man arrested for murdering his fellow-countryman in Vietnam
- One more arrested in 2.7-million-liter substandard-fuel ring
- Students prosecuted for helping with illegal immigration of Chinese
- South Korean businessman kills compatriot over ‘money conflict’
- Two foreign men arrested on charge of robbery in Vietnam