The Ministry of Foreign Affairs received 2.6 million doses of the Astrazeneca COVID-19 vaccine donated by the German Government at a ceremony on September 27.
More stories at Vietnam Insider’s homepage.
At the event, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs To Anh Dung thanked the German Government for the donation via a bilateral channel as well as its medical aid for Vietnam, including over 850,000 doses of the Astrazeneca vaccine via the COVAX Facility and many medical supplies and equipment.
The Deputy FM considered the practical support a vivid proof of the two nations’ friendship amid both sides’ celebration of their ten-year strategic partnership (October 11, 2011 – 2021).
He hoped German Ambassador to Vietnam Guido Hildner, who handed over the vaccine at the ceremony, will continue propose the German Government offer medical assistance to Vietnam, particularly regarding access to vaccine supply sources as well as cooperation in COVID-19 vaccine and treatment drug production.
Guido Hildner appreciated Vietnam’s donation of 100,000 face masks to Germany right after the pandemic broke out. He also expressed his delight at ongoing support for Vietnam by many localities, agencies and organisations in Germany, which, he said, reflected the solidarity between the two peoples.
The ambassador affirmed Germany will stand side by side with Vietnam in tackling challenges from the COVID-19.
Germany will further assist Vietnam in the coming time via the implementation of their One Health joint project and the building of a centre for infectious disease prevention and control in Vietnam, among others, he added.
He said he believes the Vietnamese Government’s determination and measures will soon push back the pandemic, and bilateral exchanges, trade, and commerce between the two nations will recover soon.
The vaccine batch arrived at Tan Son Nhat airport in Ho Chi Minh City on September 26 evening. To date, Germany’s aid of vaccines and medical equipment is the largest support of an EU member state to Vietnam.
- Germany to aid Vietnam with 2.5 million doses of AstraZeneca vaccine
- France and Italy 1.5 million Covid-19 vaccine doses to Vietnam
- Vietnam to received over 501,000 AstraZeneca vaccine doses by Poland
- Vietnam receives over 900,000 more AstraZeneca vaccine doses
- UK to donate 415,000 Covid vaccine doses to Vietnam
- Vietnam gets 288,000 more AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine doses
- Vietnam receives over 501,000 Covid vaccine doses from Poland
- 600,000 additional AstraZeneca vaccine doses donated by Japan arrive in Vietnam
- Vietnam gets over 1.2 million more AstraZeneca Covid vaccine doses