HCM City Health Department has proposed to the health ministry to shorten the interval between doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine
More stories at Vietnam Insider’s homepage.
The department wants to shorten the interval from 8-12 weeks to six weeks. It is hoped that shorter intervals will help speed up the vaccination campaign.
Statistics from the Bureau of Population – Family Planning show that as of June 30, HCM City has over 7.2 million adults. By the end of September 11, the city has administered over 7.7 million shots. Of which 1.3 million people have had two shots.
Over 4.8 million doses of AstraZeneca, 355,000 doses of Pfizer, 628,000 doses of Moderna and over 1.9 million doses of Vero Cell have been administered. The city aims to vaccinate all adults by September 15.
700 vaccination teams have been set up. Each team can give 200 to 250 doses a day. Over 246,000 doses were administered across the city on September 12 alone.
Source: Dan Tri.
- HCMC gets 980,000 more doses of Covid-19 vaccine
- Some 600,000 more AstraZeneca doses arrive in Vietnam
- Here are what you need to know about vaccination campaign in HCMC
- Vietnam gets over 1.2 million more AstraZeneca Covid vaccine doses
- What should I do if I've missed appointment for second COVID-19 jab?
- How many doses of COVID-19 vaccine are on their way to Vietnam?
- Vietnam gets 288,000 more AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine doses
- Over 1.2 million more AstraZeneca vaccine doses arrive in HCMC
- France to share 670,000 Covid-19 vaccine doses with Vietnam