Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi will arrive for a three-day visit Friday during which he will participate in a Meeting of the China-Vietnam Steering Committee for Bilateral Cooperation. Deputy spokesman for the Foreign Affairs Ministry, Doan Khac Viet, told the media Thursday that during Wang’s visit the two countries would discuss cooperation and regional and global issues.
More stories at Vietnam Insider’s homepage.
“The aim of the visit is to bolster the cooperative relationship and the comprehensive strategic partnership between the two countries and cooperation to fight Covid-19 is an issue of mutual concern for both countries, including vaccine and medical equipment support.” The two sides would discuss the issue, he said.
Last month at a reception for Chinese ambassador Xiong Bo, Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh had called for China’s continued support to Vietnam with Covid-19 vaccines and technology transfer to produce vaccines and drugs.
- Prime Minister Thanks China for Vaccine Donation
- DPM, FM Minh highlights importance of VN-China land border treaty
- Vietnam, China told to perfect land border management mechanisms
- Newly-appointed Foreign Minister receives congratulations from China
- Vietnam, China strengthen comprehensive strategic partnership
- Vietnam, China seek to bolster bilateral ties
- Vietnamese, Chinese leaders exchange greetings on diplomatic ties anniversary
- Vietnam proposes cooperation with Singapore in Covid 19 prevention vaccines
- Vietnam Appreciates Proposal to Upgrade ASEAN China Relations