The Ho Chi Minh City Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control has established a four-phase plan to administer about 8.1 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines to residents aged 18 and older between August 29 and December 31.
Phase One (August 29 to September 15):
The city will administer a first vaccine dose to 680,000 people. About 90 percent of the adult population will have received at least one shot by the end of this phase.
Nearly 2.1 million residents will receive their second dose, including 733,000 AstraZeneca or Pfizer-BioNTech jabs, 485,000 Moderna jabs, 31,000 Pfizer-BioNTech jabs, and 840,000 Sinopharm jabs.
Phase Two (September 16 to 30):
The city will administer a first vaccine dose to about 720,000 people. By the end of this phase, 100 percent of the adult population will have received at least one shot of a COVID-19 vaccine.
Approximately 656,900 residents will receive their second dose, including 500,000 AstraZeneca or Pfizer-BioNTech jabs, 12,800 Moderna jabs, 700 Pfizer-BioNTech jabs, and 138,000 Sinopharm jabs.
Phase Three (October 1 to 15):
About 2.6 million people will receive their second dose of either the AstraZeneca vaccine or the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.
Phase Four (October 16 to December 31):
About 1.4 million people will receive their second jab of a COVID-19 vaccine.
The city’s inoculation plan targets all residents aged 18 and older, with priority given to the elderly, people with underlying health conditions, pregnant and breastfeeding women, frontline workers, and those working in essential sectors.
The list of people who have received their first dose has been updated on the national COVID-19 vaccination portal so that local authorities can make suitable arrangements for second jabs.
In the case of limited vaccine supply, people who received the AstraZeneca vaccine as the first dose can get the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine as their second jab eight to 12 weeks after the first injection. They must first give their consent.
Ho Chi Minh City is currently the hardest-hit locality in Vietnam, with over 226,600 local infections since the fourth wave hit the country on April 27.What do you want to know about Vietnam? Ask us at VietQ by Vietnam Life.
Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news about Vietnam!
Tuoi Tre News
- What should I do if I've missed appointment for second COVID-19 jab?
- Here are what you need to know about vaccination campaign in HCMC
- How many doses of COVID-19 vaccine are on their way to Vietnam?
- HCMC to use AstraZeneca, Moderna, Pfizer in upcoming vaccination drive
- How will I receive my second COVID-19 vaccine shot in Ho Chi Minh City?
- Danang to administer 33,600 Moderna vaccine doses from July 29
- First 1,000 jabs in third-phase trials of Nano Covax administered
- Volunteers get 2nd shot of 25mcg dose of Nanocovax
- Vietnam will get 31 Million Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine doses this year