Around 78.9% of people aged over 18 in HCM City have been given their first Covid-19 vaccine shot.
Covid-19 vaccination capacity of the city can reach 300,000 doses per day
The municipal Centre for Disease Control reported that by August 23, HCM City had administered a total of 5.50 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine.
Of the figure, 5.29 million people were given the first jab, accounting for the city’s 78.9% of population aged over 18. Meanwhile, 210,536 people had been provided with a second shot, equal to 3.1% of the city’s residents aged over 18.
Related: “Reopen economy is an urgent task”, HCMCs new chairman said
According to the report, by 6 am on Wednesday, 185,367 Covid-19 cases in HCM City were confirmed, including up to 184,931 local infections.
At present, 36,829 patients are being treated, including 2,147 children aged below 16. Among those, 2,609 are facing worsened conditions and using a ventilator.
By late Tuesday, 93,289 Covid-19 patients in the city were discharged from hospital. To date, 16 local Covid-19 outbreaks have witnessed new cases.
The local Centre for Disease Control said that Covid-19 vaccination capacity of the city can reach 300,000 doses per day.
Also read: The U.S will donate 1 million Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine doses to Vietnam: Kamala Harris
HCM City has set up mobile medical stations and quick response Covid-19 groups to help Covid-19 patients who stay at home for treatment. Each ward is required to set up 2-3 stations of this kind, depending on the number of Covid-19 patients.
By late Monday, up to 274 mobile medical stations were in operation. They have helped to provide 100,000 medicine kits for Covid-19 cases who are under home quarantine.
- HCMC set to extend vaccination rollout to people aged 12-18
- HCMC to make list of people aged over 18 for Covid-19 vaccination
- HCMC to run out of Covid-19 vaccine
- Hanoi prepares 5.1 million Covid-19 vaccine doses for mass vaccination drive
- HCMC could face disruption in Covid-19 vaccination drive
- HCMC proposes Health Ministry allocate more Covid vaccine doses
- HCMC gets 980,000 more doses of Covid-19 vaccine
- HCMC expects to vaccinate 70% of adults against Covid by next month
- Pfizer pledges 20 million Covid-19 vaccine doses for Vietnamese children
- 800,000 doses of Covid-19 vaccine to be allocated to HCMC