As COVID-19 fatalities and infections continue surging, despite weeks of social distancing in the business hub of nine million people, Ho Chi Minh City authorities have asked people to stay where they are starting Monday, with the motto of 'each home, company, and factory should be an anti-virus fort.'
Police and military are being mobilized to strengthen control over the implementation of stricter social distancing measures.
Only a few priority groups are permitted to go out, including task forces for epidemic prevention and control; staff of supermarkets, convenience stores, and pharmacies; crews for approved flights; reporters, employees of businesses which provide essential services; and more.
Besides, residents are allowed to go out for seeking emergency medical treatment or vaccination.
A video by Tuoi Tre (Youth) newspaper reporters capture movement on Ho Chi Minh City's streets on the morning of August 23, 2021, with people having to present documents to get through checkpoints:
What do you want to know about Vietnam? Ask us at VietQ by Vietnam Life.
Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news about Vietnam!
Tuoi Tre News
- App-based delivery service will be suspended in Thu Duc City and 7 districts of HCMC
- HCMC resumes several essential services
- Who are allowed to leave home during outdoor travel restrictions in Ho Chi Minh City?
- Which businesses, services are allowed to operate during strict social distancing in Ho Chi Minh City?
- What are social distancing measures in Ho Chi Minh City?
- What social distancing measures are being implemented in Ho Chi Minh City?
- What documents should I bring when going outside during Saigon social distancing drive?
- Ho Chi Minh City’s Go Vap District issues directions on social distancing over COVID-19
- Which demographics are allowed outdoors during Da Nang’s movement curb?