HCM CITY Trần Nguyễn Uyen Nghi, an 8th-grade student from the Sai Gòn Practice School in HCM City's District 5 has won the special prize at a drawing contest on the COVID-19 pandemic.
Her work titled Viet Nam Niềm Tin Chiến Thắng (Viet Nam's Belief in Victory) surpassed 150 works selected from hundreds of thousands of entries to win the national contest Ngay hoi sắc mau (Colorful Festival), phase I, in 2021, with the theme Vững tin Viet Nam (Viet Nam's Strong Belief).
After seven weeks from June 22 to August 10, the contest attracted the participation of pupils and students from primary and junior schools of 63 provinces and cities with 101,788 entries.
The event was organised by the Central Council of Young Pioneers in collaboration with the Thien Long Group and Colokit fine art tool brand.
Entries for the contest followed the goals of the contest conveying meaningful messages and had a great influence on the community and society.
Each of the paintings demonstrated the children's belief in the nation, encouraging and praising the beautiful example as well as their gratitude and tributes to forces fighting on the front lines against the COVID-19 pandemic, according to the event's organising board on hanoimoi.com.vn
Many topics were manifested through the children's works such as the spirit of solidarity for all people to prevent and combat the pandemic, the implementation of the "5K" rules of the Ministry of Health on disease prevention and control, young people's support to those in quarantine areas, and the protection of safe "green areas".
Nguyễn Thị Trinh, a 4th grader from the southern province of Đồng Thap, and Đặng Duy Tung, a 9th grader from the northern coastal city of Hải Phòng, won the first prizes.
The organising board also presented four second, six third and 30 consolation prizes.
Through the event, VNĐ210 million (US$9,230) was mobilised and donated to the national COVID-19 vaccine fund. VNS
- ST25 fragrant rice wins first prize
- 72 percent of entries to Viet Solutions 2020 contest from overseas
- AI-driven innovation contest launched in HCM City
- Awards of 49th UPU letter-writing contest announced
- Drawing contest about Hà Nội launched
- Painting contest encourages sustainable lifestyle among children
- National Press Awards 2020: Nhan Dan Newspaper wins special prize
- National startup contest for students kicks off
- Hanoi incense village photo wins top Agora prize
- Việt Nam wins two honourable mentions at FIAP contest