Preschool and high school students in Danang will have their tuition fees for the 2021-2022 school year paid by the city - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC - Danang City will use more than VND87 billion (US$3.8 million) from its budget to cover 100% of the tuition fees of preschool and high school students in the city for the 2021-2022 school year.
According to a resolution issued by the Danang City People’s Council, the city will pay 100% of the tuition fees of students for the 2021-2022 school year based on the fees of public schools.
The beneficiaries include students of public and private kindergartens and high schools. Meanwhile, students of foreign-invested schools are not entitled to this policy.
Besides, the Danang City People’s Council has also issued a resolution on supporting policies for preschool children whose parents are factory workers.
Specifically, children studying at public or private kindergartens in the city whose fathers, mothers or caregivers are workers at industrial parks will each receive VND200,000 per month.
In addition, teachers of public or private kindergartens located in areas that have industrial parks meeting Article 1, Clause 10 of Decree No. 105/2020/ND-CP will each receive VND800,000 per month.
These policies are part of the Danang City government’s efforts to support people affected by the Covid-19 pandemic and ensure uninterrupted education for the students.
- Schools in HCMC allowed to collect fees for online teaching
- UEH offers 170 scholarships to international students during 2021-2022 period
- International school refuses students following parents’ protests
- How universities support their students during the pandemic?
- New school year to begin on September 1
- HCM City official calls for solutions to school-parents conflicts
- HCMC’s students expected to return for 2020-2021 school year on September 1
- HCMC to hire more teachers, staff for 2020-2021 academic year
- HCMC builds more state-of-the-art libraries in schools