Intel Products Vietnam hands over protective suits and ventilators to the Thu Duc Medical Center - PHOTO: IPV
HCMC - Intel Products Vietnam (IPV) handed over 10,000 protective suits and 12 ventilators worth a total of VND2.93 billion to the Thu Duc Medical Center, HCMC, last week to support the center with Covid-19 treatment.
Each protective suit comprises seven items such as a face mask, gloves, clothing and footwear, meeting the Ministry of Health’s standards. They are expected to improve safety for health workers at the Thu Duc Medical Center.
The ventilators include 10 high flow nasal cannula AIRVO 2 ventilators by Fisher & Paykel Healthcare and two intensive care unit TV-100 ventilators by Bio-Med Devices to help treat critical Covid-19 patients.
Kim Huat Ooi, vice president of Manufacturing and Operations and general manager of IPV, said he hopes the donation will help the Thu Duc Medical Center enhance its Covid-19 treatment capacity to save the lives of more patients.
“In the context of the complicated developments of the pandemic, we highly appreciate the IPV’s support. The medical supplies donated by the company are really helpful to us,” said Nguyen Van Chuc, deputy director of the Thu Duc Medical Center.
IPV also collaborated with the Red Cross Society of Thu Duc City to hand over 240 gift sets and face masks to poor households, underprivileged workers and people with disabilities in the city.
Since April 2020, the company has spent over VND8 billion to support HCMC’s fight against Covid-19, including donating Puritan Bennett 840 ventilators to the city’s Department of Health, collaborating with the American Chamber of Commerce in Vietnam to donate an ambulance to the 115 Emergency Center and providing disadvantaged people with over 70,000 face masks and some 500 gift sets.
- Vingroup offers array of ventilators to countries worldwide
- Health Ministry advises against stockpiling medical oxygen, ventilators
- VCF provides medical equipment for Covid treatment hospitals
- Vingroup starts mass production of ventilators
- Can Tho prepares to receive severely-ill Covid patients in Mekong Delta
- Vietnamese friendship association donates over 100 ventilators to India
- The US provides ventilators to Vietnam to respond to COVID-19
- US provides ventilators to Vietnam in response to Covid-19
- US, China donate ventilators and masks to aid Vietnam’s Covid-19 combat