Visitors look at photos on display at the “Vietnam Stories” exhibition - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC - A photo exhibition featuring 50 photos reflecting the life of the Vietnamese community in the Czech Republic taken by renowned Czech photographer Jindrich Streit, who is famous for his extensive and diverse photographic archives, is taking place in Plzen City.
The “Vietnam Stories” photo exhibition is organized by the city’s council in collaboration with the Vietnamese Association in Plzen.
Through the photos, visitors can learn more about the daily lives of Vietnamese expats as well as Vietnamese traditional customs preserved by the Vietnamese community in the Czech Republic.
Addressing the opening ceremony of the exhibition late last week, the 75-year-old photographer said that to take this series of photos, he attended these activities and tried to immerse himself in the Vietnamese community in order to vividly and truthfully capture moments in their daily lives.
Nguyen Duy Nhien, chairman of the Vietnamese Association in the Czech Republic, expected that the exhibition would contribute to further promoting the relationship between the two countries and their people.
The exhibition will go on until August 27.
- Vietnamese stories retold through the lens of Czech photographer
- Photo exhibition in Czech Republic promotes beauty of Việt Nam
- Photo exhibition spotlights Vietnam-Czech traditional relations
- Significant Czech Senate s football tournament for expats including Vietnamese
- Photo book launch and talk with photographer Thomas Billhardt
- Temple of Literature displays photos of Tết during Nguyễn Dynasty
- Vietnamese expats in Czech Republic join Colourful Planet Festival
- U.S.-Vietnam bilateral relations archives exhibited in HCMC
- Nude photos displayed at 3D virtual exhibition