Visitors look at photos on display at the “Vietnam Stories” exhibition - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC - A photo exhibition featuring 50 photos reflecting the life of the Vietnamese community in the Czech Republic taken by renowned Czech photographer Jindrich Streit, who is famous for his extensive and diverse photographic archives, is taking place in Plzen City.
The “Vietnam Stories” photo exhibition is organized by the city’s council in collaboration with the Vietnamese Association in Plzen.
Through the photos, visitors can learn more about the daily lives of Vietnamese expats as well as Vietnamese traditional customs preserved by the Vietnamese community in the Czech Republic.
Addressing the opening ceremony of the exhibition late last week, the 75-year-old photographer said that to take this series of photos, he attended these activities and tried to immerse himself in the Vietnamese community in order to vividly and truthfully capture moments in their daily lives.
Nguyen Duy Nhien, chairman of the Vietnamese Association in the Czech Republic, expected that the exhibition would contribute to further promoting the relationship between the two countries and their people.
The exhibition will go on until August 27.
- Photo exhibition spotlights Vietnam-Czech traditional relations
- Significant Czech Senate s football tournament for expats including Vietnamese
- Photo book launch and talk with photographer Thomas Billhardt
- Embassy presents face masks to Vietnamese community in Czech Republic
- Temple of Literature displays photos of Tết during Nguyễn Dynasty
- Nude photos displayed at 3D virtual exhibition
- Photo exhibition highlights Vietnamese culture and people
- Vietnamese traditional culture impresses international friends in Czech Republic
- U.S.-Vietnam bilateral relations archives exhibited in HCMC
- Photo exhibition features Vietnam’s fight against COVID-19