Truong Thi Kim Xuyen (1st, L), vice chairwoman of the Vietnam Fatherland Front Committee of HCMC’s District 5, represents local households to receive Covid-19 relief gifts from the Saigon Times - Great Circle 2021 program - PHOTOS: PHUNG MY
HCMC – With efforts to leave no one behind during the Covid-19 pandemic, the Saigon Times - Great Circle 2021 program, an initiative of the Saigon Times Group, continued to reach out to disadvantaged residents and those who lost their jobs due to the pandemic in HCMC and neighboring localities.
Yesterday morning, August 7, the program provided medical supplies and necessities to poor people in locked down areas and boarding houses in HCMC’s District 5.
The Saigon Times Group’s Youth Union in coordination with the district’s Vietnam Fatherland Front Committee donated 100 gifts, with each comprising instant noodles, fresh milk, fish sauce, chicken eggs, and face masks, to the needy in the district.
Despite being old, Quan Thieu Cao and his child, who has Down syndrome and needs a wheelchair to get around, take turns to stand in front of a small grocery store every day to sell lottery tickets for a living. When the pandemic broke out, they could not sell lottery tickets anymore and have had to rely on donations from local authorities and their neighbors.
- Saigon Times - Great Circle provides necessities to disadvantaged people in HCMC
- Saigon Times - Great Circle provides relief for underprivileged people in HCMC
- “Saigon Times-Great Circle” donates gifts to residents in HCMC’s Hoc Mon Dist
- “Saigon Times-Great Circle” donates necessities to health workers in two districts
- Saigon Times - Great Circle donates necessities to Covid-19 treatment hospitals
- Saigon Times - Great Circle provides 300 gift sets to disadvantaged people
- SGT launches “Saigon Times-Great Circle 2021” program
- Saigon Times – Great Circle donates mineral water to Di An Medical Center
- Saigon Times - Great Circle gives necessities to needy people in HCMC’s outlying districts