Authorities in Ho Chi Minh City imposed a daily outdoor travel ban from Monday, requiring all residents to stay indoors between 6:00 pm and 6:00 am and only allowing a few cases to go outside.
In a document issued on Monday, the municipal People’s Committee required citizens not to go outside from 6:00 pm to 6:00 am the next day.
Shops and business establishments must also close during these hours.
The restriction, aimed at minimizing traffic density on local streets, is one of the stringent measures the city has recently taken to fight against the serious COVID-19 outbreak.
During the outdoor travel restriction, people are only allowed to leave their houses for emergency medical services.
Those participating in pandemic prevention and control efforts, as well as reporters, sanitation workers, and people in charge of troubleshooting problems related to electricity, water, telecom systems and technical infrastructure are exempt from the ban.
Vehicles transporting essential goods, materials for production, and import and export products; vehicles of pandemic response forces; and shuttle buses carrying employees of companies are permitted to travel during the restriction.
Filling stations at 12 of the city’s main gateways can remain open.
The outdoor travel restriction was set to last from July 26 to August 1.What do you want to know about Vietnam? Ask us at VietQ by Vietnam Life.
Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news about Vietnam!
Tuoi Tre News
- Ride-hailing firms shorten operation time in Saigon amid new COVID-19 travel restriction
- Da Nang bans outdoor activities and non-essential businesses
- Vietnam keeps breaking its record of daily COVID cases as Hanoi suspends all outdoor activities
- Bac Lieu imposes night movement restrictions
- Which businesses, services are allowed to operate during strict social distancing in Ho Chi Minh City?
- HCMC tightens anti-pandemic measures
- Ho Chi Minh City’s Go Vap District issues directions on social distancing over COVID-19
- Da Nang reopens the beach as the pandemic was deemed under control
- Hanoi tightens Covid-19 restrictions as Vietnam reaches new height in daily infections