- Since April 27, Da Nang and Ho Chi Minh City have accounted for over 520 and 43,700 cases respectively
- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
Authorities in Da Nang have reinstated a ban on outdoor activities, non-essential business activities, and gatherings of over two individuals after the central Vietnamese city reported new local transmissions.
The prohibitions came into force from 12:00 pm on Thursday as per a decision made by the city’s chairman Le Trung Chinh.
At the municipal meeting on COVID-19 prevention and control on Wednesday evening, Chinh approved all of the stricter measures to curb the virus spread proposed by Phan Van Son, deputy head of the Da Nang People’s Committee Office.
Accordingly, Son proposed that residents refrain from going outdoors for reasons other than buying food and medicine, or seeking hospital treatment.
People must keep a distance of at least two meters and not gather in groups of more than two in public.
All sporting activities, including biking and walking as an exercise, and non-essential businesses have to be put to a halt.
Production facilities shall arrange for workers to stay inside their premises, while shopping malls, supermarkets, and markets must apply social distancing measures. Expendable stalls inside supermarkets and markets, however, shall be suspended from operating.
State agencies are requested to limit the number of workers present at their offices to 50 percent of their total workforce, and not to convene unimportant meetings or meetings with more than 20 attendees.
Workers must present related documents for their travel between their home and workplace.
Son’s proposal also required the suspension of delivery and ride-hailing services and business cars under nine seats.
At Wednesday’s meeting, Chinh asked the city’s people for strict adherence to the municipal pandemic prevention measures and avoidance of panic buying.
The Ministry of Health on Thursday morning confirmed 2,967 new COVID-19 cases, including 2,965 domestic cases. The latest cases have taken the country’s tally to 71,144, including 11,971 recoveries, as recorded since early 2020.
Of the new infections, 27 were detected in Da Nang while 2,433 infections were logged in Ho Chi Minh City, which has recently led the country in daily new infections, with thousands of patients confirmed per day.
Since April 27, when the pandemic’s fourth wave appeared in Vietnam, Da Nang and Ho Chi Minh City have accounted for over 520 and 43,700 cases, respectively, in the country’s total of 67,473 domestic infections.
This article was originally published in Tuoitrenews
- Da Nang reopens the beach as the pandemic was deemed under control
- Da Nang authorities meet on COVID-19 prevention and control
- Da Nang bans gatherings of over 30 people amid Covid-19 outbreak
- Vietnam's Da Nang, Khanh Hoa close non-essential businesses considering COVID-19 scare
- Da Nang to close entertainment facilities to cope with coronavirus
- Da Nang sets up more field hospital for COVID-19 treatment
- Da Nang suspends receiving tourists amid COVID-19 fears
- No more Covid-19 patients, Da Nang shuts down makeshift hospital
- Hanoi bans gatherings of over five persons