- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
More than 1,000 volunteers received their second shots of homegrown Nano Covax vaccine in its third phase of human trials, as announced by the Defence Ministry’s Military Medical University on July 19.
Prof. Dr. Maj. Gen. Hoang Van Luong, Deputy Director of the university, said after being injected, the volunteers are in stable conditions. Medical workers have asked them to update information about side effects if any on the e-Diary.
Over 12,000 remaining volunteers will get their second jab from July 26.
All volunteers are expected be fully vaccinated with two shots in mid-August.
Nano Covax is developed by the Nanogen Pharmaceutical Biotechnology JSC based on recombinant DNA/protein technology. It went through the first-phase trial from December 18, 2020 and the second phase from February 26, 2021. The third phase started on June 11, 2021.
Results from the first two trial phases showed that all volunteers developed antibodies against the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2.
This article was originally published in Dtinews
- 13,000 shots of Nano Covax vaccine administered to volunteers in third trial phase
- Vietnam enters third phase of Nano Covax vaccine trials with 13,000 shots
- Over 900 more volunteers get Nano Covax shots in third phase of clinical trial
- First 1,000 jabs in third-phase trials of Nano Covax administered
- Nano Covax Covid-19 vaccine enters final stage of human trials
- Vietnam completes second phase of human trials of Covid-19 vaccine
- First phase of human trials for Vietnam’s Covid-19 vaccine was safe and effective against the virus
- Seventeen volunteers get second shot of Nano Covax
- First 35 volunteers receive injections of home-grown COVID-19 vaccine in second-stage trial