- Vietnam has recorded 225 deaths since the beginning of the pandemic early last year
- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
The Ministry of Health confirmed 18 Covid-19 deaths Friday evening, pushing the death toll in the new wave to 190.
The cases were recorded in seven provinces and cities, including HCMC, Dong Thap, Long An, Bac Ninh, Bac Giang, Binh Duong and Dong Nai from July 8 to 14, but only confirmed by the Ministry of Health on Friday.
Of which, six deaths are in HCMC, four in Dong Thap, three in Long An, two in Bac Ninh, one each in Bac Giang, Binh Duong and Dong Nai.
Vietnam has recorded 225 deaths since the beginning of the pandemic early last year, 190 of them in the ongoing fourth wave that hit the country in late April.
This article was originally published in VNExpress
- Dong Thap Province records 10 Covid-19 deaths in 12 days
- Data review adds 69 to HCMC Covid-19 fatalities
- Vietnam announces 87 more local Covid-19 patients in Friday noon report
- Two more COVID-19-related deaths confirmed
- HCMC's Covid-19 death toll revised up by 69
- Vietnam confirms 57 local Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam reports 260 new Covid-19 cases, two more deaths
- Covid updates: How many cases, vaccinations and deaths recorded in Vietnam?
- Health Ministry reports 247 new infections, four deaths