- Hypoxia is one of the leading causes of their worsening conditions
- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
Many Covid-19 patients in HCM City previously without symptoms have quickly experienced worsened health.
The information was given by Doctor Tran Van Khanh, director of Le Van Thinh which supports Covid-19 treatment at HCM City’s Covid-19 Field Hospital 3 in An Khanh Ward, Thu Duc City.
Since being put into operations on July 7, the 3,000-bed field hospital has received more than 2,000 patients. Among those, some 3-5% of previously asymptomatic patients have fallen into a more serious condition for a period of just 6-12 hours with respiratory failure.
This is a great challenge in the Covid-19 treatment in HCM City if medical treatment is not given at the appropriate time.
The same problem has also happened in the city’s Covid-19 Field Hospital 6 which is providing treatment for another 3,000 patients, according to Dr. Phan Minh Hoang, the hospital director.
Dr. Khanh said that it is important to prepare enough necessary medical equipment such as ventilators and X-ray machines for facilities as well as ambulances to ensure examination and transportation of patients.
Most of the affected patients are the elderly with underlying medical issues.
According to Dr. Khanh, hypoxia has been detected quite late among many Covid-19 patients at field hospitals in HCM City, which is one of the leading causes of their worsening conditions. In many cases, it is impossible to detect symptoms with a superficial examination.
HCM City is the epicenter of the country’s fresh outbreak, witnessing more than 2,000 daily cases for the first time on July 14.
This article was originally published in Dtinews
- HCMC opens Covid-19 field hospital with 1,000 beds
- 80% of Covid-19 patients in HCMC have no or mild symptoms
- Last hospital field in Hai Duong closed
- HCMC prepared to cope with up to 15,000 Covid-19 cases, 500 critical patients
- Da Nang’s Hoa Vang field hospital ready to treat COVID-19 patients
- Da Nang sets up more field hospital for COVID-19 treatment
- Only two COVID-19 patients undergoing treatment in Da Nang
- COVID-19: 13 patients in critical condition
- Binh Duong to set up Covid-19 field hospital