Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh has accepted to give Ho Chi Minh City priority for vaccine distribution as well as the southern city will go into lockdown under Government Directive 16 for 15 days starting July 9 to curb the coronavirus spread.
More stories at Vietnam Insider’s homepage.
The Prime Minister requested Ho Chi Minh City with the spirit of effectively fighting against the coronavirus epidemic to quickly prevent, control and repel the epidemic, but also create favorable condition for the operation of industrial parks, export processing zones, hi-tech parks, factories and production facilities.
Accordingly, these establishments which can meet the safety requirements for epidemic prevention and control will be allowed to be operated. Moreover, companies in industrial parks and export processing zones should cook and provide accommodation for workers in parks’ premises.
At the same time, Ho Chi Minh City has actively coordinated with relevant ministries, branches and localities to work on the plan of synchronous mobility solutions that are helping to reduce traffic congestion and facilitate freight transport between the southern metropolis and localities, especially provinces and cities in the region.
Furthermore, the city should encourage and create favorable conditions to effectively mobilize all legal resources in the society for epidemic prevention and control, especially the purchase of equipment and vaccines.
Ho Chi Minh City should also enhance the information of the disease to increase city dwellers’ awareness of Covid-19 so that they will effectively implement epidemic prevention and control measures.
The Prime Minister also assigned the Ministry of Health to give HCMC priority in the distribution of vaccines. The Ministry of National Defense, the Ministry of Public Security, the Ministry of Transport, and relevant ministries must work together to ensure social order and safety in HCMC during the implementation of Directive 16.
- Workers in HCMC must make daily health declarations
- PM orders drastic measures over high risk of Covid-19 at industrial parks
- HCMC conducts Covid-19 tests for 320,000 factory workers
- Strengthening COVID-19 prevention and control in export processing and industrial zones
- HCMC asked citizens to fill e-health declarations when going to public place since June 24
- HCM City wants to make its industrial parks smart
- Ministry ensures supply of essential goods
- Preventing COVID-19 from spreading into industrial zones
- Deputy PM stresses prevention of COVID-19 transmission in industrial parks