- Vietnam has recorded 67 Covid-19 deaths so far in the new coronavirus wave
- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
Vietnam recorded five more Covid-19 deaths Wednesday morning, bringing the national fatality tally to 102.
Among the patients, one was recorded in the northern Bac Giang Province and four in HCMC, including three who had no underlying conditions.
All four HCMC patients were treated at the city’s Pham Ngoc Thach Hospital, according to the Ministry of Health.
A 49-year-old man in Nha Be District tested positive for the coronavirus on June 19 and died on July 2 due to pneumonia caused by Covid-19, septic shock and kidney damage.
A 63-year-old woman in Cu Chi District tested positive on June 24 and died on July 1 due to pneumonia caused by Covid-19 and respiratory failure complications.
A 56-year-old man in District 4 tested positive on June 24 and died on June 29 due to pneumonia caused by Covid-19, respiratory failure complications, septic shock, multiple organ failure and acute coronary syndrome.
The fourth case in HCMC was a 62-year-old man in District 1 who had diabetes. He tested positive on June 19 and died on June 30 due to pneumonia caused by Covid-19, septic shock and diabetes.
The Bac Giang patient was a 67-year-old woman who had hypertension and diabetes. She tested positive on June 3 and was treated at the Bac Giang Lung Hospital. She responded poorly to treatments and was transferred to the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases in Hanoi on June 13, with septic shock, candidemia, pneumonia caused by Covid-19 and kidney failure.
She died on July 5. Her causes of death were pneumonia caused by Covid-19, septic shock, multiple organ failure and a heart attack.
Vietnam has recorded 67 Covid-19 deaths so far in the new coronavirus wave, which started in late April.
This article was originally published in Vnexpress
- Vietnam confirms 2 deaths because of covid-19 in HCMC this morning
- Three more Covid-19 deaths reported
- Two more women die of Covid-19
- Four more Covid-19 patients die
- Two more deaths related to COVID-19 reported in Vietnam
- COVID-19: Two patients die, death toll rises to 34
- Two women die of Covid-19
- Vietnam reports 2 more Covid-19 deaths
- Two COVID-19 deaths recorded in Vietnam