- The country has recorded 18,889 local infections while HCMC accounts for 7,655 cases
- Ho Chi Minh City has three major wholesale markets, all of which have been closed due to the COVID-19
- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
Authorities in Ho Chi Minh City have decided to shut down its third wholesale market following the detection of COVID-19 cases at the venue.
The People’s Committee in Thu Duc City under Ho Chi Minh City has ordered Thu Duc Agriculture Wholesale Market to stop all direct transactions from 8:00 am on Wednesday.
Merchants are required to move their products out of the venue by 8:00 pm the same day.
COVID-19 infections are escalating in the city as many patients have been detected at the market, the Thu Duc City administration explained.
Merchants are advised to switch to online sales and have their products delivered to customers during this period.
The management board has been tasked with fumigating the entire market as well as working with the municipal Department of Industry and Trade and the Thu Duc People’s Committee to establish suitable epidemic prevention and control measures.
Thu Duc Agriculture Wholesale Market covers an area of 20 hectares and houses more than 1,500 stalls.
Over 2,800 metric tons of products are gathered at the venue on a daily basis.
Ho Chi Minh City has three major wholesale markets, all of which have been closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Binh Dien Wholesale Market in District 8 previously ceased operations from 8:00 am on Tuesday, while Hoc Mon Wholesale Market in the namesake district has been ordered to shut down from June 28 to July 15.
About 110 traditional markets and 60 supermarkets across the metropolis have also been closed down over COVID-19 so far.
Vietnam has documented 22,341 COVID-19 cases as of Wednesday morning, with 8,077 recoveries and 97 deaths, according to the Ministry of Health.
The country has recorded 18,889 local infections in 55 provinces and cities since the fourth outbreak started on April 27.
Ho Chi Minh City leads the table in this bout with 7,655 cases.
This article was originally published in Tuoitrenews
- HCMC’s biggest wholesale market being shut down due to Covid-19
- HCMC suspends operation of Thu Duc wholesale market
- Binh Dien wholesale market suspended amid coronavirus concern
- Functional forces fine people without facial masks at Thu Duc wholesale market
- Health Ministry confirms 248 more Covid-19 cases
- Two more markets in HCMC put under lockdown
- Supply and prices of goods in HCMC is stable despite of the pandemic
- Strict COVID-19 preventive measures needed at HCM City's markets
- Vietnam’s HCMC has the highest number of Covid-19 infections