- The country has recorded 21,312 infections, including 17,871 local cases since April 27
- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
Five people in a family have tested positive for the novel coronavirus in Hanoi after the capital had gone nearly ten days without detecting any case in the community, the municipal Center for Disease Control said on Monday evening.
The family, living in My Duc District, spent time outside their home before the detection of their infections.
The father, 39-year-old L.V.C., traveled with D.D.D., a 33-year-old man from Ha Nam Province, to Nghe An Province to sell trucks on June 13.
The two men took a passenger bus to return to Ha Nam on the same day and C. spent the night at D.’s house.
D. developed COVID-19 symptoms on July 1 and tested positive for the coronavirus by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) of Ha Nam on Monday.
Before that, C. and his wife and three children visited the wife’s parents in Hoa Binh Province on June 23 and returned home on the same day.
C. began having a mild fever on June 28.
He visited My Duc District General Hospital on Monday to have a check and performed a rapid test for COVID-19, whose result returned positive.
His medical samples were then retested by Ha Dong General Hospital. The results were also positive.
The Hanoi CDC has conducted one more test on C.’s sample to affirm the results.
His wife and three children also tested positive for the virus, using the rapid testing kits, and are waiting for confirmatory test results from the Hanoi CDC.
The municipal CDC has also sent a task force to the family’s residential area to perform epidemiological investigation.
Before these five new local cases, Hanoi last documented a COVID-19 patient in the community on June 26.
People in the city have gradually resumed normal activities as restrictions have been relaxed.
The capital’s caseload in the ongoing coronavirus wave, which broke out in Vietnam on April 27, stood at 468 as of Tuesday morning.
The country has recorded 21,312 infections, including 17,871 local cases since April 27.
Recoveries have reached 8,022 while 90 people, most of whom were aged patients with underlying health conditions, have died.
This article was originally published in Tuoitrenews
- Vietnam’s capital city reports first local COVID-19 cases in 10 days
- Vietnam records 12 local coronavirus infections in 24 hours
- Vietnam records another imported COVID-19 case
- Four family members in Ha Nam test positive for Coronavirus
- Breaking: Vietnam reports 6 local infections of Covid-19
- Vietnam records no new COVID-19 infections in community for 52 days
- Vietnam detects 75 more local Covid-19 patients
- Vietnam clear of COVID-19 community infections for 51 straight days
- Vietnam records no new COVID-19 cases in community for 15 days