- Since the new wave started on April 27, 18,838 local cases have been recorded in 55 cities and provinces
- Vietnam has vaccinated more than 3.92 million against the new coronavirus
- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
Vietnam recorded 276 local Covid-19 cases Wednesday morning, and 270 are in Ho Chi Minh City.
The cases in HCMC include 232 in quarantined zones and isolated areas, while 38 other cases have unknown sources of transmission.
The remaining six cases were detected in four other localities.
The central Phu Yen Province got two cases that are people who had made contact with confirmed Covid-19 patients.
Dong Nai Province that borders HCMC reported two cases, with one returning from HCMC and the other being contact traced.
The case in Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province, another HCMC’s neighbor, is a man from the central Ha Tinh Province who has come into contact with an existing case.
The case in the central Ha Tinh Province is a 11-year-old boy who had contact with a Covid-19 patient.
Since the new wave started on April 27, 18,838 local cases have been recorded in 55 cities and provinces, with HCMC accounting for the most infections, at 7,655.
Vietnam has vaccinated more than 3.92 million against the new coronavirus and 235,570 of them have got two doses.
This article was originally published in VnExpress
- Vietnam detects 75 more local Covid-19 patients
- Vietnam detects 109 new local Covid-19 cases
- Covid-19 news: HCMC coronavirus tally in new wave crosses 4,000
- Breaking: Vietnam records highest single-day spike in Covid-19 cases
- Covid-19 has spread to 55 of 63 cities and provinces in Vietnam
- HCMC’s Covid-19 cases reached 7000
- Most of 66 new Covid cases recorded in HCMC on Thursday morning
- Vietnam has vaccinated more than 1.77 million of its 96-million population
- Vietnam’s HCMC has registered nearly 5,000 Covid-19 cases, the outbreak remains unpredictable