Vietnam’s capital city of Hanoi reports 10 COVID-19 cases, disrupting 10 days without infections.
More than 400 people relating to the new cases have been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting results.
Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The Centre for Disease Control of Ha Noi on Tuesday morning reported 10 community cases of COVID-19 in the city, including five members of a family in Mỹ Đuc District, breaking a 10-day streak without new cases.
The husband in the family reportedly works as a freelance driver and went to Hoang Mai District in the central province of Nghe An on June 22 with a man from Ha Nam Province who tested positive for COVID-19 on Monday, Vietnam News Agency reported.
His wife reportedly had symptoms of COVID-19 since July 1 while his 18-year-old son and 14-year-old daughter had symptoms since July 2. The other daughter, eight years old, had symptoms since July 3.
More than 400 people relating to the family including 60 F1, 194 F2 and 147 F3 contacts have been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting results.
Local authorities locked down the family’s residential area in Kenh Đao Hamlet, An Mỹ Commune in Mỹ Đuc District and An Mỹ General Clinic.
A guard of SEI Company in Bắc Thăng Long Industrial Park was also confirmed to have COVID-19 on Monday. He reportedly had contact on June 27 with three people who were confirmed as COVID-19 patients on Monday in Bắc Giang Province.
From June 28 to July 4, he worked at the gate of the company, checking staff cards and giving bike locks to workers.
On July 1, he went to Đong Anh General Hospital for a check-up after suffering a fever. A quick test result indicated he was infected with COVID-19 . RT-PCR test confirmed the result later.
On Tuesday, three people who had close contact with him tested positive for COVID-19 including a woman living in the same residential area and two other guards of SEI Company.
On Tuesday morning, Ha Noi’s CDC confirmed another case in Hoang Mai District, a man who drove four COVID-19 patients who travelled on flight VN286 that departed from HCM City to Ha Noi on July 3. The new cases have not been officially confirmed by the health ministry yet.
According to the ministry’s statistics, during the fourth wave of infections since late April, Ha Noi has reported 468 cases with the last two reported on June 26, according to Vietnam News Agency.
- Vietnam Covid-19 Latest News: Two new community transmission cases in Da Nang and Quang Ngai
- Vietnam reports no new community COVID-19 cases for 74 days
- Vietnam reports 25 new covid-19 cases on thursday morning
- Breaking: Saigon reports 24 other suspected cases of Covid-19
- Vietnam reports 239 new domestic COVID-19 cases on July 3 morning
- Vietnam reports 56 new Covid-19 cases in six northern localities Monday morning
- COVID-19 Latest News (August 9): Two more cases detected, Vietnam has 812 in total
- COVID-19: Two more cases detected, Vietnam has 812 in total
- Nghe An reports first Covid-19 death