A medical worker conducts Covid-19 tests. As many as 190,000 quick Covid-19 test kits presented by the German authorities and people arrived in Vietnam on June 28 - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC - As many as 190,000 quick Covid-19 test kits donated by Germany arrived in Vietnam on June 28, as part of a campaign launched by the World University Service (WUS) calling on German states to help Vietnam.
The campaign follows a proposal from the national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines, which transported the shipment of the test kits free of charge to Vietnam.
The test kits are of great significance as Vietnam is stepping up testing efforts in the fight against Covid-19, the local media reported.
Dr. Kambiz Ghawami, WUS President, praised the national flag carrier’s role in the campaign, expecting the test kits to help Vietnam quickly suppress the Covid-19 pandemic.
The quick test kits were approved for use in Germany by the Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices under the Federal Ministry of Health, said Ghawami, adding that these test kits produce results within 15 minutes with an accuracy of 98%.
Germany’s 16 states are continuing to respond to the campaign to donate Covid-19 test kits to Vietnam. A total of one million test kits are expected to be transported to the country in the coming months.
- Leipzig city gifts coronavirus test kits to Vietnamese hospital
- HCMC to buy 300,000 Covid-19 test kits
- Vietnamese technology to make Covid-19 test kits will be transferred to Cuba
- Vietnam announces two more SARS-CoV-2 test kits of international standards
- Vietnam warns against unregulated Covid 19 test kits
- Vietnam successfully masters COVID-19 test kit technology
- HCMC to buy 300,000 more test kits to deal with Covid-19 outbreak
- Return the favor France Germany assist Vietnam s Covid control effort
- Health Ministry receives over 1,500 Covid-19 test kits from UNDP