A general view of The Grand Ho Tram Strip - PHOTO: COURTESY OF THE RESORT
HCMC - In collaboration with the Heartbeat Vietnam program, The Grand Ho Tram Strip and VinaCapital Foundation have launched a campaign to fund life-saving operations for children with congenital heart disease in Vietnam.
Since April 1, all employees and guests coming to The Grand Ho Tram Strip have been encouraged to contribute to the Heartbeat Vietnam program. They can put money into boxes placed across the resort, which will be used to fund heart operations for the children.
With matching funds from provincial government organizations and insurance coverage, the cost to save a child’s life with heart surgery is some US$1,200.
A recent study of heart surgeries in Vietnam estimates that there are thousands of children waiting at any given time to receive this surgery. Many of these children are never diagnosed.
Across the country, where many families earn only a few dollars per day, specialized pediatric healthcare is beyond their grasp.
Poor children in Vietnam have little hope as their families lack funds to access medical care and the related transportation.
The Heartbeat Vietnam program has paid not only surgery costs but also transport and post-surgery costs for the children and their family.
“Besides contributing to the sustainable tourism development of Ho Tram, we have also carried out many community-based programs as part of The Grand Ho Tram Strip’s development plan in Vietnam. In collaboration with the Heartbeat Vietnam program, we expect to save the lives of more children with congenital heart disease,” said Walt Power, CEO of The Grand Ho Tram Strip.
The Grand Ho Tram Strip has implemented a number of other charitable programs such as the Christmas party for 200 local children, the The Grand Smiles program in June 2018 and staycations at the resort for orphaned children in 2017.
- Vietnam records outstanding achievements in paediatric heart surgery
- National Children Hospital saves newborn with tetralogy of Fallot
- 17-year-old boy has rare condition: heart in right side of chest
- Top 7 Vung Tau resorts with a super beautiful and luxurious sea-view swimming pool for virtual living
- First online heart surgery operation implemented via Viettel Telehealth
- FLC Grand Hotel Quy Nhon comes into operation
- Nutrition program launched to support pediatric patients with cancer
- For Sanofi, environmental protection is part of business
- Vietnam to host competition for int’l chess Grandmasters for first time