THỪA THIÊN HUẾ Dã Vien Cay, the most important feng shui element of the ancient Huế Citadel, is set to be reconstructed by the local government to restore it to its former glory as an imperial garden.
According to the Thừa Thien-Huế Province People's Committee, the investment is part of a detailed planning project on both banks of the Perfume River, aiming to promote the tourism, cultural, historical and natural landscape values in the province.
A park will also be formed in an area of 10.5 hectares.
Surrounding the cay will be a system of walkways and pedestrian bridges connecting the cay with the mainland. Lawns, squares, elevated roads and scenic riverside spots will also be formed.
The park is expected to be completed in the third quarter of this year.
In addition to renovating the infrastructure, the plan to recreate the imperial garden from the Nguyễn dynasty at Dã Vien is also set to be deployed in the near future.
The garden is located in the west of the cay, with architecture arranged in a terraced style, similar to that often used in ancient mausoleums in the Huế Citadel.
According to historical documents, Dã Vien Cay is located southwest of Huế Citadel and has a length of about 850m with a width of up to 185m.
The area previously housed elephant and tiger fighting pits.
Today, the cay is a natural area and home to Dã Vien Water Factory (built in 1953) and a number of houses.
Fifteen years ago, the cay was targeted by investors to build a high-class tourist and resort area with a three-storey, 5-star building complex and an international conference building, before the fierce public reaction put an end to the project. VNS
- Vietnam's Thua Thien-Hue constructs imperial park on Da Vien Islet
- Crescent Bridge on the Perfume River
- The beautiful check-in point cannot be missed when traveling to Hue for holiday travel
- Discover the poetic beauty of Hue River
- Hue city at night
- Hue Imperial Citadel uncovers new gates
- Meridian Gate in ancient Hue citadel open to visitors after 8 years of renovation
- Thua Thien Hue calls for investment in a residential and commercial project of over VND 4,600 billion
- Floodwaters swamp Hue Imperial Citadel