Authorities in Ho Chi Minh City began applying stricter social distancing measures from Sunday due to the increasingly serious COVID-19 pandemic.
During the current outbreak, which began on April 27, Ho Chi Minh City has so far recorded 2,013 local infections, the second highest in Vietnam.
The metropolis entered a period of social distancing on May 31 before local authorities decided to implement stricter measures from June 19 due to a sharp spike in coronavirus cases.
In accordance with the latest directive from the municipal People’s Committee, non-essential businesses and unofficial markets are shut down.
Taxis, app-based car services, inner-city buses, and inter-provincial coaches are suspended, except for vehicles designated by the local transport authority to carry patients to hospitals in emergency cases.
Gatherings of more than three people in public places and in front of schools, offices, and hospitals are banned, while people must keep a minimum distance of 1.5 meters from one another.
Residents are required to stay home and only go outside to buy food and supplies, seek emergency treatment, or go to work.
At essential businesses and factories, workers have to wear face masks and keep a minimum distance of 1.5 meters from one another.
Social distancing measures must be strictly followed at state agencies.
Companies, including those with foreign direct investment, are required to minimize all activities at their offices and switch to remote working.
Unnecessary meetings have to be canceled, while gatherings of more than 10 people inside one room are completely prohibited.
Vietnam has documented 13,862 COVID-19 cases as of Wednesday afternoon, with 5,546 recoveries and 69 deaths, according to the Ministry of Health.
The country has recorded 10,575 local infections in 43 provinces and cities since April 27.What do you want to know about Vietnam? Ask us at VietQ by Vietnam Life.
Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news about Vietnam!
Tuoi Tre News
- What social distancing measures are being implemented in Ho Chi Minh City?
- Vietnam largest city imposes social distancing for another two weeks over Covid concerns
- Breaking: Vietnam’s HCMC imposes social distancing measures over
- Vietnam logs 76 Covid-19 cases, all taxi, bus services in HCMC suspended
- HCMC Transport Dept seeks nod for taxi services during social distancing period
- People rushed to travel out of Saigon before the city imposes social distancing measures
- Social distancing imposed on one district in Bac Ninh province
- Over 430 stranded visitors in Da Nang will return to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City
- Vietnam city imposes social distancing after first local infections in months