HCM CITY — The natural world, wildlife and environmental protection are the themes of a video featuring Vietnamese performers on YouTube.
The video called Rừng (Jungle) features Meritorious Artist-theatre actor Thanh Loc, rapper Yono Bigboi and singer-musician Vũ Cat Tường.
Artists sing the theme song Rừng by Tường, accompanied by famous saxophonist Trần Mạnh Tuấn. They sing in both Vietnamese and English.
Beautiful images of forests in Viet Nam are featured in the video.
Actor Loc talks about forest destruction, wild animal killing, and why and how young people are involved in environmental protection.
“Nature is destroyed when trees are cut down. We should work together to stop it,” he said.
The video was released on June 5 and has attracted more than 513,000 views.
Loc said: "I hope listeners will understand their duty to protect the environment when listening and watching our artists in the video.”
Loc, 59, began his love for theatre from his parents, late People’s Artist Thanh Ton and Huỳnh Mai, who both played a key role in the development of the South’s traditional theatre.
A freelance actor, Loc has worked with State-owned and private drama troupes, appearing in more than 600 roles. He has appeared in 50 films and TV shows.
As a comedian, theatre and film actor, theatre director and producer, Loc is known as a “stage magician” in the region. He has won several top prizes at national theatre festivals.
In 2000, he and his partner, Huỳnh Anh Tuấn, owner of IDECAF, a leading private drama troupe in HCM City, began a theatre programme for children called Ngay Xửa Ngay Xưa (Once Upon A Time).
The programme has offered more than 33 plays and more than 1,200 shows for 30,000 children and teenagers, including disadvantaged kids from open houses and shelters in the city and neighbouring provinces who have received free tickets. — VNS
- TV programme featuring cải lương, tuồng performers launched
- Vietnamese diva turns goddess in new music video
- Video series features 40 singers, dancers
- TV music show with 70 artists celebrates Lunar New Year
- Cải lương stars perform in TV show
- Cải lương artists release MVs praising people involved in COVID-19 fight
- New art programme preserves tuồng
- Young singers gain int’l achievements in 2020
- Artists honour frontline forces battling pandemic
- Vietnamese-American musician, comic actor dies