Schubert will organize il Barroco in a Mug to call for support toward the meaningful campaign “Be Strong Vietnam.”
HÀ NỘI — A free online concert entitled Siam Vol. 8: Il Barroco will be organized by the music project 'Schubert in a Mug' at 8 pm on June 14.
SiaM Vol. 8 aims to bring viewers back to the root of Baroque music in Italy during the early 17th century; thus, Vol. 8 is “il Barroco” or Italian Baroque.
The concert will include different compositional styles for various instrumental combinations by notable Italian Baroque composers such as Domenico Scarlatti, Antonio Vivaldi, Domenico Gabrielli, and Giuseppe Tartini. The program also includes the famous keyboard concerto in F major by J S Bach, capturing the Italian spirit.
Artists set to perform include guest artist Nguyễn Duy Long (bassoon), Hsin-Chiao Liao (piano), Phan Đỗ Phúc (cello), Patcharaphan Khumprakob (viola), and Hoàng Hồ Thu (piano).
The event will be broadcasted on Zoom and the Schubert in a Mug Facebook page.
In the current situation where Viet Nam is trying its best to fight off the COVID-19 pandemic, Schubert in a Mug is hosting the concert online to spread hope and positivity.
The Schubert in a Mug team will use this opportunity to call for support toward the campaign 'Be Strong Vietnam' run by the Sống Foundation, which will accept any financial support until 12 pm, June 21.
The money raised will provide emergency support of medical tools and equipment to medical centers facing tremendous stress and difficulties due to the pandemic. VNS
- Concert features works by 20th-century's lesser-known composers
- Japanese and Vietnamese artists to perform symphony concert
- First concert in Vietnam to feature pipe organ
- Pianist Anh to perform to celebrate Beethoven’s birthday
- Music project for talented young artists launched
- German and Vietnamese musicians to perform at e-concert
- Underground bands to play second LiveSpace Vietnam concert
- HBSO announce another concert celebrating Beethoven’s anniversary
- HBSO announces two new programs