HCM CITY — Sethe Nguyen, a native of HCM City, has been named as one of the winners of the Illustrators of the Future contest for science fiction art in the US.
Her works, including Summer, Rapunzel and Money Money Money, will be published in the international bestselling anthology, L. Ron Hubbard Presents Writers of the Future Volume 37.
The book, released this fall, will feature the works of 14 winners of the Writers of the Future contest and 12 winners of the Illustrators of the Future contest in 2020.
The winners will be honoured at an awards gala and participate in a week-long workshop in Hollywood this fall.
Sethe was born in 2001 in HCM City. She showed love for art when she was a child, and is inspirated by Japanese manga and anime.
She has developed a great interest in the arts, from drawing and painting to singing and songwriting.
Sethe is currently living in Texas and going to college to pursue dual careers in theater and the visual arts.
The Writers of the Future contest was created by American science fiction and fantasy author L. Ron Hubbard in 1983 as a means of discovering and nurturing new talent in science fiction.
Due to the success of the writing contest, the Illustrators of the Future contest was launched five years later.
Money Money Money by Sethe Nguyen. Photo courtersy of the organiser
The 440 past winners of the writing contest have published 1,150 novels and nearly 4,500 short stories. They have produced 32 New York Times bestsellers and their works have sold over 60 million copies.
The 370 past winners of the illustrating contest have produced over 6,000 illustrations, 360 comic books, graced 624 books and albums with their art, and visually contributed to 68 TV shows and 40 major movies.
The Writers and Illustrators of the Future contests have produced 36 anthology volumes. — VNS
Rapunzel by Sethe Nguyen. Photo courtersy of the organiser
- Under-35 writing contest launched
- HCMUS wins AI contest for technological engineers
- Vietnam wins first prize in Future Ready ASEAN contest
- Viet Nam wins big at Dot Property Southeast Asia Awards 2020
- City Writers’ Association honours best literary works in 2020
- Awards of 49th UPU letter-writing contest announced
- Vietnamese photographer wins gold at international photo contest
- Fine arts contest for children launched
- ASEAN Student Contest on Information Security to open on Oct 17