The Vietnam Red Cross Society (VRC) on May 26 published the document number 116/LKG-TƯHCTĐ a call for donations from officials, members and volunteers to support people affected by the COVID-19 pandemic from now until July 30.
As the pandemic is developing complicatedly in Vietnam as well as the world, in order to support poor and disadvantaged people infected with COVID-19, poor people and workers in quarantined and locked down areas, and people returning home without a job, the VRC Central Committee calls on VRC chapters at all levels nationwide to encourage officials, members, volunteers and youth to help the affected inhabitants.
Specifically, the chapters will call on their officials, members and volunteers to disseminate information on the pandemic situation and persuade people to seriously take COVID-19 prevention and control measures.
For provinces and cities severely affected by the pandemic, they will actively update the numbers of cases and deaths, affected areas, damage and people’s needs; implement emergency relief activities; and maintain voluntary blood donation activities in a flexible form.
Beside that, with other provinces and city in HaNoi, they actively organize appropriate activities (cash, goods) to support victims affected by the Covid 19 epidemic
On May 26, Vietnam documented 235 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, raising the total number of domestic infections to 4,597, including 3,027 since April 27./.
- Program calls for support to poor students nationwide
- Support mooted for 27,500 pandemic-affected entertainment workers in HCMC
- Kinh te & Do thi calls for support for victims of historic flooding in central Vietnam
- UNDP supports poor farmers in Binh Thuan affected by COVID-19
- Vietnamese in Cambodia severely affected by pandemic
- Over 26 000 poor and near poor people affected by natural disasters supported for stabilization
- Relay race raises funds for workers affected by COVID-19
- The young volunteers in Vietnam’s war against COVID-19
- Seventeen volunteers get second shot of Nano Covax