- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
The Ministry of Health announced a total of 73 new COVID-19 cases on Saturday evening, all locally transmitted.
It brings the total number of cases in Viet Nam throughout the pandemic to 5,086.
All the new community cases are patients already in locked-down places or quarantine areas.
The new cases were confirmed in northern Bắc Giang Province (39), northern Bắc Ninh Province (25), northern Lạng Sơn Province (2), northern Thai Nguyen Province (1), northern Hải Dương Province (1), northern Đien Bien Province (2), central Thanh Hóa Province (2) and central Đa Nẵng City (1).
Earlier the same day, 70 new local cases and two imported patient were announced.
There are currently 179,006 people quarantined nationwide in hospitals, medical facilities or their homes.
This article was originally published in VNS
- Vietnam records 77 new Covid-19 community transmissions Sunday evening
- Vietnam records 20 new Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam reports five new Covid-19 cases on February 6 evening
- Vietnam confirms 57 local Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam confirms 14 more Covid-19 infection cases
- Hai Duong records eight new domestic Covid-19 cases
- 15 new community cases reported in Bac Ninh and Hanoi on Saturday morning
- Vietnam reports 96 more Covid-19 cases, Monday counts reach 187
- Vietnam reports 12 new COVID-19 cases on August 17 evening