- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
HCM City authorities have locked down several areas which have reported new Covid-19 cases.
As of noon on May 20, many locations have been put on lockdown in District 3, 7, 10, Binh Tan District and Thu Duc City.
A 65-year-old woman was tested positive for Covid-19 on May 20. This is the third positive case in the past three days. The Medic Hoa Hao Clinic, where the woman visited the previous day, was locked down. Her residential area on Nguyen Dinh Chieu Street was also locked down as the authorities have taken test samples from the residents.
Another residential area with 71 households on Doan Phu Tu Street was also on lockdown for tests after a resident was suspected of having Covid-19.
At least 15 people who were in contact with the patients have been quarantined.
On May 18, HCM City reported two community cases including a 35-year-old man who lives in Sunview Town Apartment Building in Thu Duc District and a 36-year-old woman who lives in District 7. They work for the same company.
The apartment building in District 7 with 82 households was locked down for tests. Another building on Huynh Tan Phat was also locked down for investigation in relation to the case. The local authorities quickly locked down the Sunview Town Apartment Building with 1,500 residents and also took test samples from residents that live in adjacent buildings. The test results for 5,863 out of 5,955 samples have come back negative.
Since both of the patients are employees at Grove Group, all 200 employees of the company were brought to quarantine centres as the office building was locked down for disinfection.
This article was originally published in Dtinews
- Thu Duc locks down residential block due to suspected Covid-19 case
- Two eateries in HCMC locked down due to Covid-19 case
- Apartment block in HCMC locked down over positive coronavirus case
- Building in Times City locked down
- Bac Ninh locks down company dormitory due to Covid-19
- Bac Giang continues making up majority of new Covid-19 cases
- Hanoi lockdowns a frontline hospital as 14 people tested positive for Covid-19
- Vietnam confirms new Covid-19 community cases in Hanoi, Bac Ninh, all linked to Hai Duong
- Condo building in Hanoi locked down after Indian expert tests positive for Covid-19
- Here’s a sample of how Vietnam has responded well to the Covid-19 pandemic